best when viewed in low light

11.05.2008

He Did It


"Yes I was almost arrested last night for making beautiful music in the streets of rochester. I helped march a small group of instrumentalists and vocalists through the streets playing, singing, and harmonizing by ear "we shall over come (we did overcome)" "star spangled banner" "america" "saints go marching in" and other patriotic favorites...it turned into a crowd of over a hundred by the time we reached the DNC headquarters in Rochester...we took over the Hyatt marching through the hotel gathering guests, etc...then some of us got arrested on our way back to campus...I was let go...I don't imagine I'll ever be part of a more in-tune demonstration...lol...my favorite part of the press story are the comments afterwards...Hilarious! looks like we had more support than detractors :-) I celebrated the next morning with my 8th graders at East HS by playing the video of Obama's victory speech in class and then creating a hip-hop version of "saints go marching" on keyboards."

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the past...