best when viewed in low light

6.21.2007

We Are Doomed. Yay!

Maybe it's just my gloomy mood, but when I see the (imminent) collapse of most of the world's power and organizational structures, I see how useless our control is, and how necessary it is that things fall apart (Yeats is a fucking genius, btw).

The EU may not be able to work itself out.

Global trade deals demand too much from those that have too little, and demand nothing but politically unpopular (yet economically promising) concessions from those that have too much.

The US persists in conquering Iraq, even though (like I said yesterday) we're getting our asses kicked.

The Pakistani Religious Affairs Minister is heading to the UK for a ceremonial suicide bombing.

And Britney's about to release a new album.

If that's not a sign of the apocalypse, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the past...