best when viewed in low light

8.18.2008

Brain Games

I was having a conversation last night with an old family friend. He's just taught his 47 year old autistic brother how to make rice and pasta for the first time. It took a month or two before he got it right.

I'm no special needs nurturer. I barely have enough sympathy for very well educated people who have bad senses of humor.

But I've always wished that people with brains that function differently than mine were more a part of my life. Maybe cause testing my short-fused patience would be a good thing, and mostly because I envy the freedom from social acceptability.

"You smell funny."

No doubt that society has facilitated much human development...and it has also created limitations.

Brains works in weird ways...imagine if you got to see your own deteriorate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the past...