best when viewed in low light

9.11.2012

Future tense research


  • Must expresses the highest degree of obligation and commitment (I / you must go) and is temporally nearest to present time in its expression of futurity ("I must go now.")
  • Should (the subjunctive form of shall in this context) implies obligation or commitment to the action contemplated.
  • Can implies the ability to commit the action but does not presuppose obligation or firm commitment to the action.
  • May expresses a relatively low sense of commitment (I may go) and is the most permissive (You may go); it can also suggest conditionality (I may go [if I have time]).
  • Might expresses a very low sense of commitment or obligation (I / you might go if I / you feel like it).

thank you, wikipedia, i feel that i gain so much more than my $5/month support buys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the past...