best when viewed in low light

3.04.2008

Death Is A Blue-Grey Infinity


My hard drive died yesterday.

Much like the hilarity I derived from my own suffering when accused of gmail chat banality yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed both the excruciating pain of my loss and the simultaneous comfort in the fact that only digital data had been lost.

My laptop, fresh and new though it was, suffered not.
My thesis, only a green apple in my eye, survived in its entirety.
I still have phone numbers, calendar appointments and e-tickets stored safely in digital and neural ethereae.

Back up plan? Ha!

If, at no point in your life do you have the opportunity to say "Shit happened!", you have lost your freedom. So, when shit happens, I take it as the blessing (and bullet dodge) that it is.

I still have all my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the past...