best when viewed in low light

4.19.2011

Dear Web Log,

You may have noticed some distance growing between us...and I've been loathe to admit it, but I've found someone else.

It's just...you ask so much! Too much! Formatting, complete sentences, correct spelling...I just don't have the time for that right now.

It's not that I don't appreciate you. I do. And I don't intend to lose you...

But you should know: I am very much in love with Twitter, and things have been getting pretty serious between us. It's up to, like, 6 or 8 tweets a day, and that doesn't even include replies to @Mentions, or retweets.

I know, I know. I've known Twitter a long time, and compared to you, there was no spark. Nothing to compel me to share my thoughts in a mere 140 characters. But now, well, something's changed.

Partly it was the sickening frequency of other people's Facebook postings about breakups and weddings and new babies, so it really had nothing to do with you. But then I started following a few Tweeps, and the content of their thoughts became so much sexier than anything they could ever post about their personal relationships on Facebook...

I'm rambling.

I don't want to break up, I just want to slow things down a bit with you. I will always love you, but I'd be lying to myself and to you if I didn't explore this thing with Twitter. I've got to see where it goes.

In the end, you know you're the one I'll come crying to when Twitter breaks my heart. You've always been there for me, and I hope that - despite this - you still will be. I need you in my life, but I need Twitter, too.

Hope you understand.

Love,
Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the past...