best when viewed in low light

1.19.2010

Tetris flipped

Thanks to Elan for posting this - I spent some of the best years of my life totally entranced by this game.

Come to think of it, I haven't really played since the morning of September 11, 2001. I happened to be playing an early morning round or two, waiting for an interview at the World Financial Center (back when I wanted to work at the Mercantile Exchange), and heard a really big bang.

At first, I thought nothing of it, given that at the time, Williamsburg was still industrial with only tidbits of trust-funded hipster infiltration. A minute or so later, my roommates phone starts ringing like crazy and she relayed the message that A plane had hit the twin towers.

By the time we got to the roof, it was clear that it was more than an accident. I stood there amazed, knowing that we would go to war.

Funny when something as mundane as a computer game can remind you of a life- or world-changing event. In that sense, it's totally appropriate that it's the POV that flips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the past...